End Mask Mandate in Hawaii Public Charter Schools!
We the undersigned do hereby support the following petition and request a hearing to repeal the rule on mask wearing by children attending public charter schools in Hawaii.
State of Hawaii
End Mask Mandates in Hawaii Public Charter SchoolsRead or Edit the Petition
| By signing this petition, an automatic email will be sent directly to elected officials. |
Scientific resources showing the negative implications of consistenly wearing masks:
1. Research published in the Annals of Internal Medicine at the first of April indicated that “both surgical and cotton masks seem to be ineffective in preventing the dissemination of SARS–CoV-2 from the coughs of patients with COVID-19.” View >>
2. In a February 2020 meta-analysis of six randomized controlled trials involving 9,171 patients, there were no statistically significant differences in preventing influenza or viral infections using N95 respirators and surgical masks. View >>
3. Surgeon General Jerome Adams advised against the general public wearing face masks, saying they were “not proven to be effective” in preventing people from contracting COVID-19. View >>
4. A May 2020 study involving 159 healthcare workers aged 21 to 35 years of age found that 81% developed headaches from wearing a face mask. View >>
5. In a 2008 study of surgical masks worn by 53 surgeons, researchers found that the mask reduced the blood oxygen levels significantly, creating a condition known as “hypoxia.” View >>
6. A 2015 study indicated that hypoxia inhibits T-lymphocytes (the main immune cells used to fight viral infections) by increasing the level of a compound called hypoxia inducible factor-1 . In other words, wearing a mask, which has been shown to cause hypoxia, may actually set the stage for contracting COVID-19 and make the consequences much worse. View >>
7. Hypoxia promotes inflammation which can promote the growth, invasion and spread of cancers. View >>
Hypoxia is also a significant factor in atherosclerosis, thus it increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. View >>
8. Those who wear masks who are actually SARS-COV-2 positive are constantly rebreathing the virus, raising the concentration of the virus in the lungs and the nasal passages. By wearing a mask, the exhaled viruses will not be able to escape and will concentrate in the nasal passages, enter the olfactory nerves and can travel into the brain. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32167747/
9. Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), did an interview on 60 Minutes where he said, “Right now in the US, people should not be walking around with masks…It might make people feel a little bit better, it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences – people keep fiddling with the masks and they keep touching their face.” View >>
About a month later, he walked back that statement and said he only told the public they shouldn’t wear the mask so that masks could be saved for frontline workers. He admits that he lied to the public to meet his agenda. HOW CAN WE TRUST A GOVERNMENT THAT LIES TO US FOR THEIR OWN PURPOSES. View >>
10. WHO 12-JUN-2020: Medical and fabric masks: who wears what when? “Fabric masks should be worn by people who have no COVID-19 symptoms where COVID-19 is widespread and physical distancing of at least one meter cannot be achieved” COVID IS NOT WIDESPREAD IN KAUAI, SO USE OF FABRIC MASKS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR KAUAI ACCORDING TO WHO. View >>
11. Although the CDC recommends wearing masks, they admitted that they do not have data to confirm that wearing a mask reduces the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. View >>
12. Journal of American Medical Association: “Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.” View >>
13. Open Access Medical Journal: “This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks…Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection.” View >>
14. BMJ Publishing Group: “Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection.” “Penetration of cloth masks by [influenza-like illness (ILI)] particles was almost 97%” That means, if I am ill with an influenza-like illness (ILI), and I sneeze through a cloth mask, more than 97% of the ILI particles would get through my cloth mask. **CLOTH MASKS ARE INEFFECTIVE WHEN IT COMES TO ILI PARTICLES!** View >>
15. Medical News Today: “This is a long and fraught debate, and international specialists and decision makers have not reached a consensus.” View >>
Based on the above, we, the people of Hawaii Island, respectfully request this Face Coverings section of the Mayoral Proclamation, Mayor’s COVID-19 Emergency Rule No. 10 (07/22/2020) be made voluntary immediately.